📌 A Collection of 100% Free WordPress Plugins with no Addons or Pro versions. Popular and top plugins for content, block editor, development, agency, SEO, security, optimization, and more. Last Updated September 06, 2023.
- Yoast Duplicate Post – It adds a ‘clone’ button allowing you to easily duplicate any post or page on the website.
- WordPress Importer – Import content from other websites including posts, pages, comments, and more.
- Just Writing – Make your writing experience better with Distraction Free Writing (DFW) mode and shortcuts.
- Public Post Preview – Share a link to preview a draft of a post or any other public post type before publishing.
- Unlist Posts & Pages – Mark posts and pages unlist to prevent from appearing in search, can view via direct link.
- Accessibility Checker – It checks content for WCAG, ADA, and Section 508 Accessibility Errors.
- Accessibility New Window Warnings – It adds an icon after the link that denotes that it opens in a new window.
- Editorial Calendar – See calendar style overview when scheduled posts will be published.
- Team List – Easily list team members with their respective information on WordPress website.
- Read Meter – Easily add reading time and reading progress bar to blog posts on your website.
- WordPress Popular Posts – Easily display popular posts on your WordPress website with this plugin.
- YARPP – Yet Another Related Posts Plugin allows you to display posts related to the current post.
2. Custom Content
- Pods – One of the easiest to use plugin for creating CPTs (Custom Post Types) and custom fields.
- Carbon Fields – A developer focused toolkit for creating CPTs, custom fields, taxonomies, widgets.
- Custom Post Type UI – Easily register and manage custom post types, taxonomies on your site.
- Post Types Switcher – Change content between posts, pages, or even custom post types.
- Taxonomy Switcher – Convert and switch between various taxonomies on your WordPress website.
- Simple Custom Post Order – Order posts or any custom post types on your website with drag and drop.
- Reveal Post Data – View raw post data along with taxonomies, and meta information in an easy to read manner.
4. Dev Tools
- Debug Bar – See query, cache, and other helpful debugging information via the new debug menu on the admin bar.
- Query Monitor – A must for developers for debugging of database queries, PHP errors, hooks and actions, and more.
- Fluent Query Logger – Select which plugin’s database queries should be logged and then filter and see queries.
- WP Crontrol – See all cron events along with their arguments, recurrence, callback functions, and more.
- Theme Check – Easily test your theme to ensure it is up to date with the latest theme review standards.
- Easy Plugin Stats – Display stats from a single plugin or aggregate stats from multiple plugins in repository.
- SyntaxHighlighter Evolved – Publish syntax highlighted code on your site without losing its formatting.
- Loco Translate – This plugin facilitates in-browser editing of WordPress translation files.
- Login as User – It allows an admin user to login as the other user and see website as seen to that user.
- User Switching – Quickly switch between various logged in users on your WordPress website.
- WPS Hide Login – Easily change the login page URL to any other from within WordPress dashboard.
- Disable Login Language Switcher – Remove the language switcher (added in WordPress 5.9) from the login page.
- Edit Author Slug – Change the default author URL slug to any custom word from within the WordPress dashboard.
- Simple History – a user activity log and audit tool that display recent changes made by a user within WordPress.
- Adminimize – Clean up admin area of multiple authors website by hiding unnecessary items from the dashboard.
- Admin Management Xtended – It adds easy posts/pages management panel with AJAX-driven functions.
- Customizer Search – It adds search box to the customizer to help find the specific settings much faster.
- LightStart – Put website in maintenance mode with a customizable coming soon page with this plugin Themeisle.
- Safe SVG – One of the trusted plugins that allow uploading of SVG format images on your WordPress website.
- The Icon Block – Allow you to custom SVG icons or from the WordPress icon library with 270+ SVG icons.
- Enable Media Replace – Replace an image or file in your media library by uploading a new file in its place.
- Regenerate Thumbnails – Easily regenerate all thumbnail sizes for one or more images uploaded on your website.
- Edit Image Thumbnails Separately – It restores the option to edit the thumbnail version of the image separately.
- BE Media from Production – Use the live website’s media library on staging or local dev installs.
- Media Library Assistant – For easy management of media library like gallery display and metadata.
- WP Sweep – Clean up your website regularly by removing revisions, duplicate data, and optimize database tables.
- Autoptimize – Speed up your website with quick optimization with this plugin that minify and caches scripts and styles.
- WP Super Cache – Generate state HTML version of your WordPress posts and pages for faster front-end loading.
- W3 Total Cache – A feature rich caching plugin for WordPress users with a lot of options for customization.
- FluentAuth – Add login security, two-factor email authentication, login/logout redirects, social logins, and more.
- Two-Factor – It allows you to enable and configure one or multiple two-factor authentication providers for your account.
- Google Authenticator – Setup two-factor authentication using the Google Authenticator app for Android or iPhone.
- Disable Comments – Selectively allow or disallow comments on any post type and stop spam.
- Antispam Bee – It blocks spam comments and trackbacks without captchas or sharing info with 3rd parties.
- Simple Cloudflare Turnstile – Add Cloudflare Turnstile to protect forms from spam, an alternative to CAPTCHA.
- Contact Form 7 – One the oldest and most popular free plugin to add contact forms on your website.
- FluentSMTP – Fix WordPress emails not sending by setting up one or multiple email transactional services.
- Email Log – It allows you to view log of all emails sent from your WordPress website.
- WooCommerce – The most popular ECommerce plugin to add shop features to a WordPress website.
- bbPress – Add discussion board forum on WordPress website, made by WordPress contributors.
- Ninja Job Board – A free job board website plugin to make the online recruitment process easy.
- Plugin Compatibility Checker – Before doing WP update, check if plugins are compatible with that WP version.
- Pre-Publish Checklist – Create a checklist with necessary tasks and prioritize them for blog posts on the website.
- Freelance Availability Widget – Display your status on the website: Available, Soon, and Unavailable.
- Orbit Fox – Add more functionality to website like social share buttons, custom menu icons, free stock featured images.
- Themify Popup – This plugin allows you to display responsive pop up windows on any page of your website.
11. Block Editor
12. Social Sharing
- Highlight and Share – Select text on a website to quickly share on social websites.
👍 Do you know a Free WordPress Plugin that should be listed above? Use the Submit Form and share!